From the Workers' Educational Association:
- /1-3 2 Jun 1908, letter from the Bishop of Birmingham concerning work of WEA in North West, outlines its work, encloses a copy letter signed by the Bishop and Samuel Barnett appealing for funds for the Association, and a letter from R.H. Tawney 2 Jun 1908 concerning the financial position of the Association in the North West, particularly efforts of [L.V.] Gill, the District Secretary, refers to great need to improve financial situation to carry out work believe is necessary;
- /4 Edgar Gates of Manchester branch 12 Jun 1908 re. work of the Association in the area;
- /5 copy circular letter inviting to first annual meeting of the Manchester branch's Council at the University;
- /6 receipt for subscription by Hopkinson to WEA;
- /7 copy letter 2 Dec 1913, thanks for booklet about WEA.