From Thomas Frederick Tout [professor of history 1890-1925]:
- /1 22 Nov 1907, payments to Timothy Lewis, who is completing a book of Professor Strachan's;
- /2 15 Feb 1908, rearrangement of meeting, praises the 'Rylands list', looks forward to a more secure financial position for theology;
- /3 14 Mar 1908, discusses teaching arrangements, particularly in relation to Spenser Wilkinson [special lecturer in military history];
- /4 1 Apr [?], refers to Wilkinson, proposes Thomas Bateson as candidate for Director of Education in Blackburn;
- /5 14 Jun 1908, proposes purchase of some of the Phillipps manuscripts for the Rylands Library;
- /6 18 Jul 1908, refers to Mark Hovell's [1887-1915, later lecturer in history at the University] scholarship arrangements, speaking highly of his abilities;
- /7 25 Jul [?] addressed to 'Turner' discusses 'Dunlop' and 'S Lee'.