Contains 60 miscellaneous mainly eighteenth-century English poems.
Poetical miscellany, entitled Poems, & verses on several occasions, MDCCXXVI
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 110
- Dates of Creation1726
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. (88 ff.), manuscript. Probably written in a single hand, sometimes transversely on the versos of folios. On the title-page the name 'Anna Rogers Junr: 1768' is written above the title, probably denoting ownership. Ff.74-88 are blank. Most of the main text of the manuscript is foliated as from f.2r, which is numbered as '1'. Bound in green morocco with some gilt tooling on the covers and spine, which is damaged.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The compiler of this miscellany is unknown.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Heath's bookshop on 6 February 1996
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt110