The 29th International Congress of Orientalists was held in Paris in July 1973. The material associated with this conference is:
- Letter from Yves Hervouet, Secretary General of 29th Conference, to the Royal Asiatic Society to send the first Information Bulletin of the 29th Congress and ask for the Journal to carry an announcement of the Congress. Typed, undated.
- First Invitation to the 29th International Congress of Orientalists, Paris, 16-22 July 1973. Printed in French and English. With the invitation is a postcard to request a registration form. Dated February-March 1972.
- Second Circular for the 29th Congress giving details of seminars and programme. Printed in French and English, dated October-November 1972.
- Letter from Yves Hervouet, Secretary General of 29th Conference, enclosed with registration forms for the Congres, to ask for delegates to return their registration forms and to give details of arrangements for the Congress. Typed and printed in English and French, undated.
- Letter from Secretary, Royal Asiatic Society, to Miss Smart to give details of the Congress. Typed, dated 29 November 1972.
- Letter from A.D.H. Bivar to Miss Crawford, Secretary, Royal Asiatic Society, to confirm that he will have the drinking horn given by the King of Sweden in his custody during the Congress in Paris. Handwritten, dated 13 July 1973.
- Statement from E.H. S. Simmonds, President, Royal Asiatic Society, to state that the drinking horn will be taken to Paris by Dr A.D.H. Bivar. Typed, dated 15 July 1973.
- Letter from Sun Alliance & London Insurance Group to the Royal Asiatic Society concerning the cover of the drinking horn whilst in transit from London to Paris. Typed, dated 19 July 1973.
- Letter from Secretary, Royal Asiatic Society, to Sun Alliance & London Insurance Group to send the cheque for the premium for the drinking horn. Typed, dated 25 July 1973.