Lease and release; release dated 8 October 1718, between:
(1) Thomas Butterworth of Manchester, woollen draper, only son and heir and also administrator of the goods etc., of Thomas Butterworth, late of Manchester, woollen draper, deceased
(2) Richard Percivall of Manchester, merchant
(3) Francis Davenport and Mathew Greaves of Manchester merchants, devisees and executors of Joseph Hooper, late of Manchester, gent., deceased
(4) Francis Hooper of Manchester, gent., one of the sons of Joseph Hooper, and Thomas Lunt of Macclesfield, gent., and Ann, his wife, only daughter of Joseph Hooper
(5) Joseph Byrom of Manchester, mercer
Property: one messuage and tenement in or near Alport Lane in Manchester, lately built by Joseph Hooper, and the five closes of land, meadow and pasture known as the upplands, the Park and the alport, and 23 acres of land. Consideration in total: £2,350. The property includes eight tenanted houses.
Recital of deeds dated 9, 10 and 12 November 1705, 11 May, 21 and 22 June 1706 relating to the property, its mortgages, and certain provisions of the will of the late Joseph Hooper.
Signatures on turn-up of parties (1) - (4). 7 impressed red wax seals. Endorsed.
Former reference: 3/1 and 3/2