- A report on shipping control during World War I (1914-1918), the work ofthe transport department and ministry of shipping up to the armistice
- As above, Parts IV, V, VI.
- Post-war shipping. Correspondence with Irvine Campbell Geddes (1882-1962),Director of Anderson Green and Co. Ltd, Orient Underwriting Co. Ltd, and OUCInvestment Co. Ltd, 1940-1942.
- The Post war problem. Correspondence with Sir Alan Anderson et al aboutwar aims and the post war world from a conservative point of view.1940-1941.
- The Post war problem. See above, 1941-1942.
ANDERSON SIR KENNETH SKELTON1866-1942 BT SHIPOWNER
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0513
- Dates of Creation1919-1942c
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Kenneth Skelton Anderson 1866-1942
Anderson was educated at Harrow and New College, Oxford. Anderson was managerof the Orient Steam Navigation Company and Director of Anderson, Green & Co.,ship owners; He was also the representative of British Ship owners atImperial Navigation Conference, 1907; member of Departmental Committee onRoyal College of Art, 1910, of Advisory Committee for Education in Art, andof Departmental Committee on Inshore Fisheries, 1913; Chairman General Shipowners Society, 1913; President Chamber of Shipping of the United Kingdom,1915; member of Committee on Detention of Neutral Ships, 1916, of Committeeon National Scheme of Training for Sea Service, 1918, of Food InvestigationBoard, 1918, of Shipping Control Committee during the War, and of ImperialShipping Committee.
Anderson, Sir Colin
Other Finding Aids
No further listrequired
Conditions Governing Use