Correspondence and papers including letters from J. Ramsay MacDonald (1866-1937), Bruce Glasier (1859-1920) and Labour Leader, mainly concerning Germanyand reflections between German socialists and the British Labour Party before 1914.
JOHN WILLIAM FL 1904-1914 ILP MEMBER AND JOURNALIST
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb97-collmisc0686
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0686
- Dates of Creation1916-1947
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 folders
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John William was a Independent Labour Party member from Methyr Tydfil. From1904 to 1914 John lived in Hamburg employed by the American Express Company.In Germany he became the official representative of the British Labour pressand wrote for the Labour Leader and Daily Citizen. During the war he wasinterned in Germany. Released in 1918, he settled in London with his wifeClara and their daughter Gwen.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Conditions Governing Use