The archive consists of one series - minutes of, and correspondence regarding committee meetings, 1946-1973.
London and District Coasting and Short Sea Tramp Shipowners' Association
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb152-mss.367/ldc
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 152 MSS.367/LDC
- Dates of Creation1946-1973
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.052 cu. m.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The London and District Coasting and Short Sea Tramp Shipowners' Association was founded in 1946. It met monthly at the Chamber of Shipping, and its main aim was representing the interests of tramp ship owners. As a local society member of the Chamber of Shipping, the Association had two representatives on the Chamber's Council, and was also closely linked with the London Deep Ship Tramp Shipowners' Association.
Reference: London and District Coasting and Short Sea Tramp Shipowners' Association minutes, 1946-1952(MSS.367/LDC/1/1)
Conditions Governing Access
The archive is open to bona fide researchers
An authority file exists for this corporate body.
The archive was deposited by the Chamber of Shipping in December 1995, as part of the larger British Shipping Federation deposit.