Photocopies of 13 letters, 1882-1899, from Alexander Russell to his sister, Barbara Russell, recounting trips on missionary and other vessels in the South Pacific, including visits to Sydney (Australia) and Fiji.
Photocopies of correspondence of Alexander Russell
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 380687
- Dates of Creation1882-1899
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Alexander Russell was skipper of various vessels based in Fiji including the John Hunt and the Meda. These ships helped supply missionaries in the region.
Conditions Governing Access
The material was presented by Mrs Bobby Shackleton, grand-niece of Alexander Russell, in 1998.
Other Finding Aids