A veteran favourite, has been before the public for more than fifty years, receiving the honour of knighthood in 1907. He was for some time under the Bancrofts' management, at the Prince of Wales Theatre, London, in a series of Robertsonian comedies, and also appeared as "Sir Peter Teazle" in "A School for Scandal." Many, however, will remember him chiefly for his wonderful acting as the genial and kindly "Benjamin Goldfinch," in "A Pair of Spectacles," and will recall his closing words, as the curtain comes down, "I would rather trust and be deceived, than mistrust and be mistaken."
12. Sir john Hare as "Benjamin Goldfinch" in A Pair of Spectacles.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3071 F/014/009
- Dates of Creation1916
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description1 Card
Scope and Content
One cigarette card with illustration of
Text on the reverse of the card reads: