- MS 101/67/1-3;D Letters (3) to William Speirs Bruce, 1907 to 1912 [Short letters on various subjects] 3 leaves, holograph and typescript
- MS 1325/25/1-6;D Letters (6) to Hugh Robert Mill, 1893 to 1925 [Various matters, notably his writing of results of the Norwegian Exploring Expedition, 1893-1896 (led by Nansen)and other books and articles] 6 leaves, holograph and typescript
- MS 366/15;BJ Letters (2) to Robert Falcon Scott, 18 April and 18 July 1901 [In Papers of the British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904, volume 5 items 69 to 70] autograph
- MS 1453/140/1-2;D Letters (2) to Robert Falcon Scott, 29 September 1904 and 26 December 1908 [Congratulations on success of his expedition, on prospects of holding motor sledge trials in Norway] 2 leaves, holograph
- MS 1537/2/21/16;D Letter to Emily Shackleton, 8 April 1909 [Congratulating her on her husbands British Antarctic Expedition, 1907-1909]
- MS 1537/2/21/16;D Letter to Emily Shackleton, 18 April 1909 [Thanking her for details of her husbands British Antarctic Expedition, 1097-1909]
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Fridtjof Nansen/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1893-1925
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 15 letters
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence relates to the Norwegian Exploring Expedition to the Arctic, 1893-1896, the British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904 (leader Robert Falcon Scott) and the British Antarctic Expedition, 1907-1909 (leader Ernest Henry Shackleton).
Later correspondence with Hugh Robert Mill relates to the publication of material regarding polar exploration.