Commission certificate (17 November 1916); Cartoon, in colour (nd); Officer's service record (20 October 1916-17 February 1920); 2 medals, boxed, with miniature copies (1914-1919); 3 memoranda from Port Office, Tanooma (27 December 1919, 24 February 1920); Typescript letter from War Office (25 October 1920); 57 photographs (1919, nd); Typescript letter from Mrs Joan Tabor (donor) to Peter Liddle (24 February 1990).
Mortimer Kilford papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 056
- Dates of Creation1916-1990
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; typescript, photographs, and printed material. Includes a cartoon and 2 medals.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Mortimer Douglas Kilford, born in 1894, was a Lieutenant, later Captain, Royal Engineers, serving in Mesopotamia as a surveyor for the port of Basra, September 1916-February 1920, and in India.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs J. Tabor (daughter). See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available