Typescript copies of papers of Sydney Spencer during the First World War, including letters and extracts from his diary.
Copies of the Papers of Sydney Spencer
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.lett.d.522;eng.misc.d.1250
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. d. 522; Eng. misc. d. 1250
- Dates of Creation1914-18
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sydney Spencer was an undergraduate at the University of Oxford and was in active service during the First World War.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The copies were given to the Library by Spencer's sister, Mrs Florence Image, in 1941.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41791-2.