This small class contains letters to Sixsmith from various correspondents, all of which relate to Carpenter in some way. The material includes: letters referring to Carpenter's seventieth and eightieth birthdays (on both occasions he received congratulatory addresses signed by eminent figures, including the Labour Cabinet in 1924); telegrams informing Sixsmith of Carpenter's last illness and death; and 2 copies (in 1171/2/4 and 5) of a speech written by Carpenter in 1910 for delivery at his funeral which was not discovered until after the funeral had taken place.
Letters to C.F. Sixsmith from other correspondents
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng 1171/2
- Dates of Creation27 Jul 1914-11 Mar 1950
- Physical Description6 items.