Wilson was the son of a Manchester GP, also named Alexander Wilson (see above). He studied medicine at Owens College Manchester and qualified MRCS in 1883. He was appointed a chloroformist at MRI in 1886, and was the Infirmary's first anaesthetist. He was on the honorary staff of the MRI from 1906-20. Wilson also worked at the St. Luke's Hospital in Manchester. From 1917 he was in charge of the Infirmary's V.D. department. He was a senior figure in the 2nd Western General Hospital and was its officer commanding for one year. He was appointed Deputy Lieutenant of Lancashire for these services.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 MMC/2/WilsonA
- Physical Description1 file