Playscript for Darius, King of Persia: a tragedy, in five acts by John Crowne (bap. 1641-1712). The play was published in London in 1688. The play opens: [Darius:] Unhappy Mortals! to what various ills | To what unseen, what unexsperienc'd [sic] Sorrow | Each coming Day gives Birth. For biographical information on John Crowne, see the Dictionary of National Biography, which describes Darius as a ponderous tragedy of blood and spectacle.
Playscript for Darius, King of Persia
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 1112
- Dates of Creation18th century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description310 x 185 mm. 1 volume (108 folios); Binding: half-calf binding.