The correspondence includes many letters from the Council at Madras to Richard Johnson, drafts and contemporary copies of letters to the Governor-General (Warren Hastings) from Nabob Nizam al Dowlah, Tippoo Sultan and others, translations of correspondence between Tippoo Sahib and Mahajee Sindia, etc. Some items are incomplete.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 178
- Dates of Creation1777-1788
- Physical Description1 volume (81 folios).
Scope and Content
Phillipps manuscript no. 17249.