Papers relating to Indian affairs and to the affairs of the family of Richard Johnson, comprising letters, drafts and fair copies of poetry and prose as well as official reports, letters and petitions to Warren Hastings. There are a number of letters from Johnson's brother, E. Alexander Johnson, including one describing his voyage to Bengal in 1773.
Richard Johnson Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 173
- Dates of Creation1772-1789
- Physical Description1 volume (157 folios); Condition: fragile.
Scope and Content
Phillipps manuscript no. 17605.