Edward Schunck was a distinguished chemist who lived for most of his life in the Manchester area. Although not a member of the Chemistry Department, he made various benefactions to the it, including the posthumous donation of his laboratory to the University, which was reconstructed in Burlington St. and opened in 1904. Schunck carried out important work on the chemistry of dyes.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 MMC/1/Schunck
- Dates of Creation1857-1862
- Physical Description2 items