Many of the documents in this section relate to the work of the Manchester Committee on Cancer, established in 1925 to improve methods of treatment for cancer and to conduct research. The Committee included members of the Manchester Corporation (it was chaired by the Manchester M.O.H.), the University of Manchester, and local medical experts. Its cancer research work was directed by Cecil Twort. Much of its early efforts were directed into studying carcinogenic properties of heavy oils, particularly those connected with the local industry which were revealed as the cause of mule spinners' cancer.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 MMC/15/1
- Former ReferenceGB 133 MMC O 2
- Dates of Creation1924-1979
- Physical Description25 items