Consultative Committee on Chronic Rheumatism Minutes

  • Reference
      GB 133 USC/29
  • Dates of Creation
      30 Jan 1947-5 Dec 1951
  • Physical Description
      1 item

Scope and Content

The Committee was established in 1947 to oversee a University centre for the study of chronic rheumatism. The Rheumatism Research Centre carried out work on the clinical and pathological aspects of rheumatism, working in co-ordination with Manchester Royal Infirmary, Devonshire Royal Hospital, Buxton, and Withington Hospital. Representatives of these hospitals were members of the Committee, together with Manchester Health Committee and members of the University medical school. The Director of the Centre, Stephen Baker (professor of osteo-pathology), and the Clinical Director, Jonas Kellgren, were also members. The RRC was originally housed in buildings at York Place, close to the MRI.

The former reference of this item was RA/20.

Related Material

See also file on the Centre in the Vice-Chancellor's Archive, VCA/7/430.