The Committee was appointed by Council on 20 December 1939 to oversee the management of the University's new sports facility, the McDougall Centre. It was originally known as the Committee of Management of the Physical Education Centre, changing its name to the Committee of Management for the McDougall Centre in May 1946. The McDougall Centre provided sports facilities for staff and students including a swimming pool and gymnasium, and also provided headquarters for the University Training Corps. In 1961, the Training Corps quit the Centre, and as a result, it was decided to wind up the Committee and transfer managerial responsibilities for the Centre to the Athletics Committee.
Committee of Management for the McDougall Centre Minutes
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 USC/41
- Dates of Creation18 Jan 1940-14 Nov 1961
- Physical Description2 items