Needham Hall was a hall of residence for men in Didsbury, south Manchester. It was established through a benefaction from Christopher Needham, a former chairman of Council. The Hall originally comprised two Victorian properties "Fair Oak" and "Warley", although subsequently other buildings were added. The Hall opened in 1959 with 120 students. The Committee oversaw the running of the Hall. Meetings were attended by the Warden and one academic resident of the Hall. The Hall was sold to Manchester Polytechnic in the 1980s.
Needham Hall Committee Minutes
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 USC/56
- Dates of Creation1959-1974
- Physical Description3 items
Scope and Content
There is a file on the Hall in the Vice-Chancellor's Archive, VCA/7/211.