The Committee was established in 1919 to oversee the University's newly-created department for the education of the deaf. The department was the result of a major benefaction by a local businessman, Sir James Jones, in memory of his son, Ellis Llywd Jones. Jones' money also helped set up Ellis Llwyd Jones Hall, intended primarily for student teachers of the deaf. The Committee (a joint committee of Senate and Council) supervised the work of the Department for the Education of the Deaf (later known as audiology). Its members included representatives of the Faculty of Education (which the Department later formed part of), the donor, and members of national and local deaf education schools and related organizations.
Advisory Committee for the Training of Teachers of the Deaf Minutes
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 USC/33
- Dates of Creation24 Jul 1919-18 Sep 1987
- Physical Description7 items