The Delegacy was a meeting of individuals involved in the administration of Ellis Llwyd Jones Hall, established in 1919 to provide accommodation for female University students, mostly those training to be teachers of the deaf. The Hall was located in the Old Trafford area until it moved to Victoria Park in the 1980s. It later merged with Dalton Hall to form Dalton-Ellis Hall. The Delegacy was appointed by Council in July 1919, and its membership included representatives of Senate and Council, the lecturer in the training of teachers of the deaf, together with members co-opted by the Hall. From the late 1960s, the main supervisory role for the Hall was performed by the Ellis Llwyd Jones Committee (USC/68).
Ellis Llwyd Jones Hall Delegacy Minutes
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 USC/18
- Dates of Creation, 1919-1976
- Physical Description7 items