Manuscript copy of the Statutes and Ordinances of the Most Noble Order of St George, named the Garter, covering the period up to 1571-1572. Includes two coloured crests. Probably copied from a sixteenth-century original in the eighteenth century, possibly by Henry Hill (1730-1774), Windsor Herald.
Manuscript copy: Statutes of the Most Noble Order of the Garter
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 472
- Dates of Creationn.d. [third quarter of the 18th Century]
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description189 x 150 mm. 1 volume (30 folios);
Scope and Content
Former owner: Henry Hill (bookplate). This manuscript may later have been in the collection of Sir Albert William Woods.