A collection of autograph letters and poems, etc., of 231 English poets (chiefly nineteenth-century), arranged alphabetically by name, many with portraits and engravings. The contents of the volumes are as follows:
- I (Eng MS 351), A to Cro;
- II (Eng MS 352), Cow to Hod;
- III (Eng MS 353), Hof to Lof;
- IV (Eng MS 354), Lyt to Ros;
- V (Eng MS 355), Row to Wra.
Poets represented include Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Burns, George Byron, Thomas Campbell, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, George Colman, James Montgomery, Hester Thrale-Piozzi, William Roscoe, Sir Walter Scott, Percy Bysshe Shelley, William Wordsworth etc.
Calendared in Eng MS 388 (see below).