The file contains correspondence and reports, primarily from Charles Lambert and Sir Lewis Bernstein Namier concerning diplomatic and military action in Greece, Russia, Norway, Finland, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Spain, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, France, Belgium, and Germany. It includes reports of the flight and attempted peace negotiations of Rudolf Hess in Scotland, Japanese propaganda in Syria and Lebanon, Wendell Wilkie's visit to Europe, Australian soliders in Palestine, reactions to the sinking of SS Robin Moor, the Turko-German pact, and Anthony Eden. There are also accounts of interviews between Namier and Walter Guinness, 1st Baron Moyne.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 GDN/145/41/201-300
- Dates of Creation23 Apr-27 Jun 1941
- Physical Description100 pieces