The file contains correspondence relating to Russia, Poland, Yugoslavia, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey, Germany, Anglo-American relations, shipping convoy losses, Japan, and the possibility of a Japanese attack on Russia. The file also contains significant materials relating to Palestine, including the continuing arrival and internment of Jewish refugees, the defence of Palestine, the League for Jewish-Arab Rapproachment and Cooperation, and a report proposing a post-war settlement of the Jews in the Jordan river valley. The file also contains air raid and home security reports, a report on Jewish refugees in Mauritius, a report on the treatment of Jews in Russia, and interviews with Jan Smuts, president of South Africa, and Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, Viscount Cranborne, Secretary of State for the Colonies.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 GDN/145/42/401-500
- Dates of Creation8 Jul-8 Oct 1942
- Language of MaterialIncludes one piece in French , one piece in German .
- Physical Description100 pieces