This file contains extensive materials on diplomatic relations between Great Britain and Russia, negotiations with Norway, Sweden, Belgium, and Japan, and British military action in France and Belgium. There are also materials concerning the circulation of the Manchester Guardian and the possibility of mandatory censorship of the British press. The file contains correspondence from Alexander Werth, correspondent in Russia, and Charles Lambert, correspondent in Germany.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 GDN/145/40/31-114
- Dates of Creation5 Apr-19 Jul 1940
- Physical Description84 pieces