Alphabetical list of books in the Bibliotheca Spenceriana that were printed by Aldus Manutius (1450-1515) and his successors at the Aldine Press. The catalogue is written in the hand of George John, 2nd Earl Spencer (1758-1834). It records the name of the author, title where appropriate, size and date of each work. Vellum copies are noted ('in membranis'). Items have been ticked in pencil during a stock check. There is a pencilled annotation inside the front cover, '671 Aldines in this book'.
Catalogue of Aldine Editions in the Althorp Library of Lord Spencer
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 69
- Dates of Creation19th Century
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description184 x 108mm. 1 volume (50 folios); Binding: half-bound in red morocco, marbled paper-covered boards; oval leather Bibliotheca Spenceriana book label inside front cover.