Windsor's collection of pharmacology papers were collected and added too throughout his career. They offer practical advice on the preparation of medicines and would likely have informed his medical practice. Reference to the sources of certain recipes are indicative of his influences and acquaintances as well as the institutions he worked for, such as the Manchester Eye Institution. There are also details of recipes without a medical function that are more reflective of everyday life, for example boot polish.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 MMM/4/2/2
- Dates of Creation1807-1865
- Physical Description5 items