Cuttings and drawings of emblazoned coats of arms, in two volumes bound together.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 32
- Dates of Creation19th Century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionExtent of unit of description: 315 x 194 mm. 1 volume (182 folios);
Scope and Content
The manuscript is available for consultation by any accredited reader.
Purchased by Mrs Enriqueta Rylands, on behalf of the John Rylands Library, in 1901 from James Ludovic Lindsay, 26th Earl of Crawford.
Description compiled by Henry Sullivan, project archivist.
Other Finding Aids
Catalogued in the Hand-List of the Collection of English Manuscripts in the John Rylands Library, 1928 (English MS 32).
Formerly part of the Bibliotheca Lindesiana, the Library of the Earls of Crawford and Balcarres, from Haigh Hall, Wigan, Lancashire. A note by Lord Crawford [James Lindsay, 24th Earl of Crawford] dated April 1864, says the manuscript was sent to him as a remembrance of Mr Reddell after his death.