Emblazoned coats of arms of English kings and peers from William I to James I (inclusive), with four shields per page for peers and one shield per page for royalty. At the front of the manuscript is a alphabetical subject index, followed by some coats of arms of Guilds. Pasted to the inside front cover is an extract from a printed sale catalogue containing a description of the manuscript.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 13
- Dates of Creation17th Century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionExtent of unit of description: 329 x 216 mm. 1 volume (145 folios); Medium: paper.
- LocationCollection available at the John Rylands Library, Deansgate.
Scope and Content
The manuscript is available for consultation by any accredited reader.
Purchased by Mrs Enriqueta Rylands, on behalf of the John Rylands Library, in 1901 from James Ludovic Lindsay, 26th Earl of Crawford.
Description compiled by Henry Sullivan, project archivist.
Other Finding Aids
Catalogued in the Hand-List of the Collection of English Manuscripts in the John Rylands Library, 1928 (English MS 13).
Formerly part of the Bibliotheca Lindesiana, the Library of the Earls of Crawford and Balcarres, from Haigh Hall, Wigan, Lancashire.