Commonplace book containing many poems, proverbs, quotations from classical and modern authors etc. Items include a poem on the death of William Branthwaite (1563-1619), Vice-Chancellor of Cambridge University; the King's speech in Parliament, 1 May 1641; and 'The Fairy Queen'.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 410
- Dates of Creation17th to 18th Century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description146 x 90 mm. 1 volume (72 folios); Binding: original full limp parchment. text block now detached from covers.
Scope and Content
The manuscript is available for consultation by any accredited reader.
Purchased by the John Rylands Library from the bookseller J.E. Cornish in June 1926.
Description compiled by Henry Sullivan, project archivist.
Other Finding Aids
Catalogued in the Hand-List of the Collection of English Manuscripts in the John Rylands Library, 1928 (English MS 410).