Ronald Paterson studied medicine at the University of Manchester, qualifying in 1917. He received the diploma in radiology from the University of Cambridge in 1920. During the First World War he served in the RAMC. He was a RMO at Barnes Convalescent Hospital, Cheadle, and was a radiologist at Withington Hospital. He was appointed honorary assistant radiologist at MRI in 1924, and became head of its radiological department in 1927. Paterson played a major role in building up this department. He was also appointed chairman of the MRI's Medical Board in 1936 and lectured in radiological anatomy at the University of Manchester. Paterson was president of the section of radiology of the Royal Society of Medicine, and had a leading role in the foundation of the British Association of Radiologists (later the Faculty of Radiologists), and was its second president.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 MMC/2/PatersonR
- Physical Description1 file