McLaren was a well respected plastic surgeon working in Manchester from the 1950s until his death. He gained his medical education in Cambridge and at Guy's Hospital, qualifying in 1941. He served in the RNVR then held surgical appointments in the south east of England. McLaren came to Manchester as chief assistant in general surgery at Withington Hospital. He became registrar in plastic surgery to Wythenshawe Hospital Manchester in 1952, and was later promoted to consultant status. McLaren also served the Christie Hospital Manchester, Duchess of York Hospital for Babies and Bolton Royal Infirmary. In 1962 he was the first winner of the Kay-Kilner Prize of the British Association of Plastic Surgeons. McLaren made important contributions to the treatment of melanoma and malignancies of the head and neck.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 MMC/2/MclarenL
- Physical Description1 file