MB ChB Manch 1925; DA Eng 1936.
Marson was born on 25 April 1900. He was educated at Hulme Grammar School and served in the first world war before studying medicine at the University of Manchester. He was house surgeon in Manchester at St Mary's Hospital and Ancoats Hospital before settling in general practice. In 1927, Marson was appointed to the anaesthetic staff of the ENT department of Ancoats Hospital. He was later visiting anaesthetist to Ancoats Hospital, Christie Hospital Manchester, St Anne's Home Bowden, Manchester Victoria Memorial Jewish Hospital and Stockport Infirmary. In 1937 he gave up his general practice to concentrate on anaesthetics and in 1949 was appointed as consultant anaesthetist to MRI. Marson played significant role in the foundation of the Manchester and District Association of Anaesthetists and in 1945 was the first honorary secretary. When the Association amalgamated with MMS in 1952 he was president of the Section of Anaesthetics. Marson died on 8 December 1955.