MRCS LRCP 1907; DPH Manch 1909.
Martin studied medicine at the University of Manchester and was house physician at MRI. Due to health problems, he did not see active service in the first war. Martin was medical superintendent to Northumberland Sanatorium, Barrasford, and assistant tuberculosis officer to the City of Birmingham, before being appointed tuberculosis officer to Kent County Council. Martin was a fellow of the Royal Institute of Public Health. He retired to North Wales in 1940.