MRCS LSA 1832
Kenworthy, of Strangeways Manchester, was a medical pupil at MRI from 1830. He received his certificate of medical practice in 1831 and qualified in 1832. Kenworthy applied for the position of house surgeon at MRI in 1833 but was unsuccessful. He was house surgeon to Wigan Dispensary before being appointed senior surgeon in ordinary to the Manchester and Salford Lying-in Hospital in 1838. He remained on the honorary medical staff of the Hospital, which later became known as St Mary's, until 1850. Kenworthy shared a practice with his father John Kenworthy in Strangeways.