A substantial collection of medieval and later deeds formerly owned by the Stanley family of Alderley in Cheshire. RYCH/776-813 concern the Jodrells and their property in Yeardsley-cum-Whaley and Sutton; RYCH/814-840 relate to the Tatton lands in Northenden; and RYCH/841-913 concern the Winningtons and their lands in and near Northwich. A number of the latter group are concerned with salt-houses. With the deeds is a nine-page report on the collection compiled by R. Stewart-Brown, esq.
Stanley of Alderley Cheshire Deeds
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 RYCH/776-913
- Dates of Creation1271-1650
- Physical Description3 subseries; 138 items.
Scope and Content
Rylands accession no. R62414. Presented to the John Rylands Library by Lord Stanley of Alderley in April 1927.