This series comprises over six hundred items of correspondence of Arnold Bennett relating to the theatre. Letters to and from Basil Dean forms only small part of this correspondence (DEA/14/1/51-114 and DEA/14/2/23-35), and it has not been possible to establish why this series came to be included in the archive. Besides the letters exchanged with Basil Dean, the largest volumes of correspondence are with Charles B. Cochran (DEA/14/1/35-50, DEA/14/2/12-22); Wilfred Eaton, Royalty Theatre (DEA/14/1/131-166, DEA/14/2/58-72); Frederick Harrison, Theatre Royal, Haymarket (DEA/14/1/181-221, DEA/14/2/85-114); Theodore Komisarjevsky (DEA/14/1/227-243, DEA/14/2/117-134); and J.E. Vedrenne, Royalty Theatre (DEA/14/1/316-367, DEA/14/2/178-218).
Arnold Bennett Correspondence
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 DEA/14
- Dates of Creation1900-1930
- Physical Description2 subseries, 601 items.
Scope and Content
The series is divided into two subseries:
- DEA/14/1, Letters to Arnold Bennett, 376 items, 1900-1930.
- DEA/14/2, Copy letters from Arnold Bennett, 225 items 1916-1928