Miscellaneous financial records of Owens College, Victoria University and the University of Manchester. The Archives retains the most significant financial records of the institution, primarily the agreed copies of the general balance sheets (published in the Annual Report of Council, and later Annual Statement of Accounts). In addition, the capital account ledgers which record the general and special accounts.
University of Manchester Financial Records
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 UFR
- Dates of Creation1854-1998
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionSome of the volumes are damaged.
- LocationCollection available at University Archive and Records Centre, main University Library.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
See Scope and Content note.
- UFR/1 - General Balance Sheets
- UFR/2 - Capital Account Ledgers
- UFR/3 - Bank Accounts
- UFR/4 - Victoria University Summary of Annual Accounts
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open to any accredited reader.
Transferred by the University's Finance Department/Directorate between c.1980-2019.
Conditions Governing Use
Photocopies and photographic copies of material in the archive can be supplied for private study purposes only, depending on the condition of the documents.
A number of items within the archive remain within copyright under the terms of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988; it is the responsibility of users to obtain the copyright holder's permission for reproduction of copyright material for purposes other than research or private study.
Prior written permission must be obtained from the Library for publication or reproduction of any material within the archive. Please contact the Head of Special Collections, John Rylands Library, 150 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3EH.
Accruals are possible.