The volume comprises wenty-eight documents relating to English history (1646-1659), containing the autographs of many of the judges of Charles I and other well-known Commonwealth figures. Includes a facsimile of the death warrant of Charles I.
Autographs of the King's Judges and other leading Commonwealth men
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 16
- Dates of Creation17th Century [19th Century binding]
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionExtent of unit of description: various sizes. 1 volume;
Scope and Content
The manuscript is available for consultation by any accredited reader.
Purchased by Mrs Enriqueta Rylands, on behalf of the John Rylands Library, in 1901 from James Ludovic Lindsay, 26th Earl of Crawford.
Description compiled by Henry Sullivan, project archivist.
Other Finding Aids
Catalogued in the Hand-List of the Collection of English Manuscripts in the John Rylands Library, 1928 (English MS 16).
Formerly part of the Bibliotheca Lindesiana, the Library of the Earls of Crawford and Balcarres, from Haigh Hall, Wigan, Lancashire.