Papers relating to relations between the University and the Dental Hospital.The Dental Hospital, founded in 1884, provided clinical training for the University's dental students. In 1908, it moved to a new building in Oxford Road, next to the Manchester Museum. In 1933, the University took over the educational side of the Hospital's work and combined it with the dental sections of the University Medical School to form a unified Dental School. Shortly after, the University also took over the clinical part of the Hospital's work. In 1937, the industrialist, Sir Samuel Turner, provided funds for a new building, which was opened in June 1940. There is correspondence relating to this new building; with the Dental Board concerning grants for teaching, and papers relating to the University takeover of the Hospital and School in 1933.
Former reference: 158