File: Eagle Brewery

  • Reference
      GB 133 VCA/7/285
  • Dates of Creation
      1914-1938
  • Physical Description
      1 folder

Scope and Content

Papers relating to the purchase of the Eagle Brewery (owned by the Taylor's Eagle Brewery Limited) by the University. The brewery was situated on the corner of Burlington Street and Lloyd Street. The papers concern the valuation and purchase of the site, and proposed use of water from a well on the site by the Chemistry department. The brewery site was later used for the Lapworth and Dixon chemistry laboratories.

Former reference: 318