File: Hulme Hall

  • Reference
      GB 133 VCA/7/620
  • Dates of Creation
      1950-1980
  • Physical Description
      2 folders

Scope and Content

Correspondence and papers relating to the administration of Hulme Hall, a hall of residence located in the Victoria Park area. The Hall was transferred to University ownership in 1961. Subjects covered in the file include: appointments to the Hall's governing bodies, relations with the Victoria Park Trust and transfer of its property to the Manchester Council (1951), arrangements for transfer of assets to the University in 1961 (includes a note on the Hall's history by George Burkhardt), appointment of a new warden (1964), demolition of "Oaklands" (1966), a building owned by the Hall which had previously been home to the Fielden Demonstration School; proposed extensions of the Hall in the early 1970s.

Former reference: 694

Conditions Governing Access

Some items is this file are closed; please consult archivist for further information.

Related Material

See also VCA/7/15 and VCA/7/269. The archive of Hulme Hall is in the custody of the University Archives HHH.