The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology was a new department, created in 1986 within the School of Biological Sciences. It incorporated the former department of biochemistry of the Faculty of Science and some of the activities of the department of bacteriology and virology. The department ceased to exist after the SBS reorganisation of 1991. Topics include: the installation of a nuclear magnetic resonance machine, and the publication of the Biological Sciences Review, a magazine biology A level students sponsored by the School.
Former reference: 1301