Papers concerning the administration of the University Dental School, which had been founded in 1884, merged with the Dental Hospital in 1934 and moved to the Turner Dental Hospital and School in 1940. During the 1960s the School expanded to include part of the Dental Hospital building formerly occupied by the Departments of Architecture and Town Planning.
Subjects covered include: grants from Colgate-Palmolive Ltd. for a Dental Health Unit; Professor J.L. Hardwick's research into the use of fluoride to combat dental caries ; professional regulations as affected by a proposed Dental Bill (1950-1951); discussions about expanding the School during the 1950s including correspondence with UGC and Ministry of Health; pay and conditions of teaching staff; the unveiling of a commemorative plaque to Samuel Turner (benefactor of the School and Hospital) in 1957; and the General Dental Council's periodic visitations to the School.
Former reference: 341