File: Langdale Hall

  • Reference
      GB 133 VCA/7/210
  • Dates of Creation
      1937-1957
  • Physical Description
      2 folders

Scope and Content

Papers relating to the administration of Langdale Hall, a female hall of residence in Victoria Park. Langdale, an independent Anglican foundation, was originally known as the Victoria Church Hostel, which opened in 1904 to provide accommodation for trainee teachers in Church schools. In 1910 it moved to a large house in Victoria Park and was re-named Langdale Hall. The Hall was sold to the University in 1957 and closed in 2002.

Former reference: 255

Related Material

The University Archives also has custody of the Hall archive (HLH), and minutes of Langdale Hall committee (USC/20).